Posted by Marty on 2/16/2023 to Newsletters
We want to take this opportunity before things get absolutely crazy to share the protocol for contacting those that have placed orders for the SSK-50 and those on the waiting list. We published this in the Fall publication of One Good Shot but some may have not had the opportunity to see or read it.
1) Orders in place will be filled first by order date and number. The initial price at time of order will be honored.
2) If a customer with an order in place wants to add a frame, he will be allowed to do so after the initial 373 orders are filled so starting with number 374 and so on. Those new orders will be at the "new" price which has not yet been finalized.
3) We will then start the call back list.
4) When the factory announces the first shipment to HausOfArms, we will begin the arduous task of contacting ONLY that number of customers.
We will ask the following with each call:
a) payment if not already made
b) current FFL copy
c) whether you would like to add an additional frame. We are adding this option as a reward for patience but after existing orders so as to not jump in front of anyone else with a placed order, and only one frame may be added.
NOTE: WE WILL ONLY BE CONTACTING PEOPLE AS WE RECEIVE CONFIRMED TRACKING FROM SSK.
5) With each shipment moving forward, we will be contacting that number of customers for that number of frames being shipped until all the initial orders are executed.
6) As we start through the call back list, new pricing will apply. The same method will be applied to initiate the phone calls based on confirmed units shipped by SSK.
7) We have several requests of YOU as we navigate this process:
a) PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR ASK WHERE YOU ARE ON THE LIST. THIS WILL ONLY SLOW THE PROCESS.
b) PLEASE DON'T ASK HOW MANY FRAMES WILL SHIP PER MONTH. THIS PART OF PRODUCTION IS YET TO BE DETERMINED, BUT I EXPECT PRODUCTION TO RAMP UP AS WE GET FURTHER INTO THE PROCESS.
c) PLEASE DON'T ASK TO CHANGE YOUR EXISTING ORDER OR TO SEND THE FFL AS THIS, TOO, WILL SLOW THE OVERALL PROCESS. PLEASE WAIT TILL WE CALL YOU.
d) WHEN YOU GET THE CALL, VM, EMAIL OR TEXT, PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY EVEN IF IT IS TO TELL US YOU HAVE GONE IN ANOTHER DIRECTION.
e) OUR PHONES WILL BE VERY BUSY. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, PLEASE PLACE NON-SSK50 ORDERS ONLINE. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU ASAP.
We will be doing our best to inventory up on all accessory parts such as barrels and stock/gripsets to be ready for your requests. Thank you for helping us make this a smooth and efficient process.
SSK CONTENDER BARRELS:
SSK ENCORE BARRELS:
To see all our walnut/laminate options, be sure to visit THE WOOD HAUS. We have a pretty good inventory of Contender and G2 sets in both rifle and pistol. Encore pistol sets should be arriving soon, but we have a good supply of rifle sets.
Also, be sure to keep an eye on THE COLLECTORS CORNER. We add items to this category as we receive trade-ins.
Hawke was highly recommended to us by our customers, and there was a local account manager in our area that came to meet with us. To say we were impressed, would be an understatement. Our first shipment arrives Friday so expect to see the new listings on the site next week. We'll also be doing a facebook post. These optics will not replace Burris but be an enhancement to what we currently offer our customers.
RECENT ATF RULING
As you may or may not be aware, the ATF recently ruled on stabilizing braces. You may have noticed that we are no longer offering pistol braces on our site. If you have one and have concern about it, check out this 98 page document here.
Our agent has assured us that since the intent of the crusher loop is NOT to be shouldered, that it does not fall under this new ruling--does not meet the first criteria which states, "(1) For purposes of this definition, the term designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder” shall include a weapon that is equipped with an accessory, component, or other rearward attachment (e.g., a stabilizing brace”) that provides surface area that allows the weapon to be fired from the shoulder, provided other factors, as described in paragraph (2), indicate that the weapon is designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder."
He also said that this ruling is directed at firearms that are not single shot/break action, but we wanted you to be informed.
I hope this finds you well and preparing for the next hunting season.
As always, be safe and shoot straight,